<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2844750385678911452?origin\x3dhttp://allegretto-secret.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Teddy Bears (:
♥Thursday, 11 December 2008 } 20:49

Wahoo!!! My Term Test papers are finally over!!! =D Really thank God for seeing me through all the papers.. Just a little sharing on a letter that I received on Tues.. Thank God for that letter of encouragement that got me encouraged just when I was about to give up.. Thanks to a sister in Christ Jiaen for sending me the letter. Also to Eueu for telling me to trust all my fears and worries unto God.

Hope this sharing can encourage you in your future Exams or Quizs

WILL YOU SNAP OR STRETCH?
By Sandy Moran

Recently I needed to bundle some papers together. After searching a few minutes for a rubber band, I finally found one in the back of my drawer. But when I stretched it to pull over the papers, SNAP! The band broke instantly. It had become dry and brittle from a long period of exposure to heat.

The Lord began to teach me through that simple incident. He reminded me how resilient and stretchable some rubber bands are. It's amazing how far they can stretch around a large item or several smaller ones! Other rubber bands break with a very little effort at all.

What is it that makes one rubber stretch way beyond its capability and another snap when the least amount of tension is placed on it? The performance is determined by the condition of the material the band is composed of.

When rubber is exposed to heat for an extended time, it tends to dry out. Its natural oil dissolves and it becomes hard. Once this occurs to the rubber in a rubber band, it completely loses its elasticity.

The Lord showed me that this is the way with His people. When we are exposed to long periods of heat in the form of trials, challenges or persecutions, we often tend to become heard and bitter, we no longer have the oil of the Holy Spirit to keep us soft and pliable. We "dry out" and when He tries to stretch us, we "snap", limiting our usefulness to Him.

God allow us to walk through fire walk through fires not for the purpose of destroying us but to purify us, not to make us all dried out and brittle but to bring us to a new level in Him so that we can be stretched beyond our natural abilities. Malachi 3:2 says of the Lord, "Who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like launderers' soap! He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi and purge them as gold and silver that they may offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness (NKJV).

Every time I see a rubber band now I pray, "Oh, Holy Spirit, pour Your oil on me that when the fires of purification come I may remain pliable in Your hands. Don't ever let me become harden to what You are doing in me. I want to be stretched by You to any degree You see fit. I know You would never test me beyond my ability to endure, and I want to reach new heights in You."

All of us want to grow in God and be used by Him. Let's allow Holy Spirit to keep us "well oiled" and watch what He will accomplish through us!"


Dear Friends

As you look at this rubber band, I pray that you will be that stretchable rubber band as God put you through trials and difficult moments like now where you are preparing for term test or assignments. At the end of it, you will grow to be one come out to be a refined and pure gold! Continue to study smart, rest well and serve the Lord gladly! Pray that you will have a sweet communion with the Lord everyday.


BEFORE EXAMINATIONS

I am worried about this particular subject:
" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, presents your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcend all
understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" Phil 4:6-7

I can't concentrate during revision:
"You (God) will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed in Thee, because he
trusts in Thee." Isaiah 26:3

I can't sleep peacefully:
"I lie down to sleep and I wake up again, because the Lord sustains me." Psalm 3:5

I am physically and mentally fatigued:
"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

I am too far behind to catch up:
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him, my saviour and my God." Psalm 43:5


DURING EXAMINATIONS

I don't understand what this question is all about:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I'm too nervous to think properly:
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

I don't have the wisdom to answer this question:
"If anyone of you lack of wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

AFTER EXAMINATIONS

What will my results be? What if I fail?:
"Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"GOD IS NOT INTENDED ONLY IN THE PRAISE THAT WE GIVE HIM IN TIMES WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WELL. HE IS AFTER PRAISE THAT COMES IN THE MIDST OF GREAT TRAIL, DIFFCULTY, GRIEF, SICKNESS,... SACRIFICES COST SOMETHING. Leviticus 22:29 says "And when you will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Lord, offer it at your free will"
Let's us continue to seek the Lord for we know that God will reward us if we do so with all our hearts.

About Me

Name: Sally
Birthday falls on 10 November

Educated in School
Fairfield Methodist Primary School
Henderson Secondary School
Temasek Polytechnic


Wishes

See snow
Panda Eyes gone
Learn Driving
Get new earphones
Learn the violin
Finish learning piano
New handphone

Tagboard


Sweet Escapes

Amadea
Audrey
Beeyean
ChiaFong
Christopher
Daphne
Eunice
Elaine
Fazillah
Ginnette
HuiRu
Irene
Joel
KeeSuan
Leslie
Lisa
Linda
Lucas & Vincent
Maisie
Miz
Naomi
Puik
Shariffa
Shun
Syazana
Windy
Yokie
Yiyuan
GMC_Sec3



Reminisces

April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
May 2010
June 2010